-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 pièces (induction, ...
59.99 € 99.99 €
Voir le deal

Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥

+11
MERDRIN
Blues Rules
jb28
Gut bucket
Jipes
Old_Debris
Jungleland
sergio88
Phil cotton color
Flovia
Blues_Souvenir
15 participants

Page 1 sur 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant

Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ Empty Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥

Message par Blues_Souvenir Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 2:32

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Deborah but please call me DeDe. I'm sorry I don't speak the beautiful language French very well and if you don't mind I will use English.

I was born in Chicago but currently reside in Arlington Texas USA. My father was the great, awesome, marvelous "Luther Snakeboy/Georgia Boy Johnson.  I love you I have in just a few years gained some knowledge of him. But I will be happy to share as much as I have learned from his family, friends, band members and awesome blues fans!

I love most music genres but BLUES is in my blood. And I am so happy to have been invited to join this forum. It brings me much happiness and appreciation to see the love and interest in such blues greats as "The Snake"! Rest in Loving Peace (Aug 30, 1941 - March 18, 1976) ♫
Blues_Souvenir
Blues_Souvenir
At The Crossroad
At The Crossroad

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ Empty Re: Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥

Message par Flovia Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 10:28

So pleased to read you here, Dede ! sunnycheersVery Happy

It's been a long time waiting for this great moment, dear friend of mine! Very Happy

So Welcome home, Dede !  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 158234 A thousand times Welcome home !!! (for 'Au pays du Blues' remains my second home, no doubt at all).

Unfortunately there are not too many girls down here, but a lot of boys, all of them nice fellows, sharing their passion for the Blues with a lively (sometimes sharp Laughing) sense of humour. Hope you'll enjoy their company as much as I do ! sunny

Now speaking about your father's music, let me tell you how excited I got when I heard him for the very first time.
As soon as his main guitar chords were played, I immediatly felt the entire album (it was '' They call me the Snake'' ) should be such a great one !  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 685833 
Some kind of revelation for me...  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 586745 
And your daddy's music never disappointed me, listening later to his entire discography.  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 778570 
That's why Luther ' Snake boy' Johnson still remains today one of my favorite Chigago ChiCago bluesmen.  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 927551 

So I'm very eager to learn from you any Luther's life anecdotes you would kindly share with us !  bounce 

Have a good time here, Dede !  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 469212

Dernière édition par Flovia le Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 13:07, édité 1 fois
Flovia
Flovia
The voice of Bluesland
The voice of Bluesland

Message par Phil cotton color Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 11:10

Welcome DeDe ! I'm a very fan of your Daddy's music. He really was a great bluesman.
Phil cotton color
Phil cotton color
Chicago Hero
Chicago Hero

Message par sergio88 Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 12:58

Welcome on board Dede and cheers  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 712423 

French joke for my french colleague, I can't prevent myself. An incorrigible habit of playing practical jokes. Sorry. Laughing 

Qu'est ce que c'est bavard les filles! Nous on dit bonjour, on boit un canon et basta.  Laughing
sergio88
sergio88
Admin
Admin

Message par Jungleland Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 13:37

Hello Dede, welcome here Very Happy 

I love the great feeling of your Dad to transmit his way of living the blues music
Jungleland
Jungleland
Admin
Admin

http://mywmym.free.fr

Message par Flovia Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 13:57

sergio88 a écrit:Welcome on board Dede and cheers  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 712423 

French joke for my french colleague, I can't prevent myself. An incorrigible habit of playing practical jokes. Sorry. Laughing 

Qu'est ce que c'est bavard les filles! Nous on dit bonjour, on boit un canon et basta.  Laughing

Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 66447 Look, Dede! What did I tell you about those nice buddies !?... Indeed they sometimes got a very sharp sense of humour!  Twisted Evil lol! Particulary Sergio, you'll soon discover that, but don't give a damn about this naughty boy!... Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 198547

Some explanations now about what Sergio meant by writing: '' Qu'est ce que c'est bavard les filles! Nous on dit bonjour, on boit un canon et basta.'' For him, girls are chatterboxes ( pirat) , especially when they welcome somebody!...  On the opposite, boys' way is to say 'Hi', then share straight away a drink.  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 712423 And that's enough for them! Rolling EyesGreetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 355328

And let me add that in no time you'll notice 'Phil Cotton color' (for example) has a ready tongue too! Razz  Wink
Flovia
Flovia
The voice of Bluesland
The voice of Bluesland

Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ Empty I Feel Right at Home... Au Pays du Blues!!

Message par Blues_Souvenir Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 16:04

Thank you all kindly for the super warm welcome! Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 325391 I have laughed alot and smiled alot in reading over your replies!!  lol!  I look forward to visiting this awesome site often and sharing and gaining info! Always hugs n kisses Flo  I love you Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 586745  and to the guys  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 712423 .... I feel right at home!  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 685833
Blues_Souvenir
Blues_Souvenir
At The Crossroad
At The Crossroad

Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ Empty Thank You Flovia!!

Message par Blues_Souvenir Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 16:18

Flovia a écrit:So pleased to read you here, Dede ! sunnycheersVery Happy

It's been a long time waiting for this great moment, dear friend of mine! Very Happy

So Welcome home, Dede !  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 158234 A thousand times Welcome home !!! (for 'Au pays du Blues' remains my second home, no doubt at all).

Unfortunately there are not too many girls down here, but a lot of boys, all of them nice fellows, sharing their passion for the Blues with a lively (sometimes sharp Laughing) sense of humour. Hope you'll enjoy their company as much as I do ! sunny

Now speaking about your father's music, let me tell you how excited I got when I heard him for the very first time.
As soon as his main guitar chords were played, I immediatly felt the entire album (it was '' They call me the Snake'' ) should be such a great one !  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 685833 
Some kind of revelation for me...  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 586745 
And your daddy's music never disappointed me, listening later to his entire discography.  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 778570 
That's why Luther ' Snake boy' Johnson still remains today one of my favorite Chigago ChiCago bluesmen.  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 927551 

So I'm very eager to learn from you any Luther's life anecdotes you would kindly share with us !  bounce 

Have a good time here, Dede !  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 469212

Many thanks Flovia  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 469212 for the kind words! I too have come to really appreciate my father's music! He was very dedicated and truly loved the blues and it resounds in his music!  Keeping the Blues Alive  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 837237
Blues_Souvenir
Blues_Souvenir
At The Crossroad
At The Crossroad

Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ Empty Thank you Phil Cotton Color!

Message par Blues_Souvenir Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 16:22

Phil cotton color a écrit:Welcome DeDe ! I'm a very fan of your Daddy's music. He really was a great bluesman.  

Thank you for being a super blues fan!  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 627562 Blues Rocks!!!  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 541310
Blues_Souvenir
Blues_Souvenir
At The Crossroad
At The Crossroad

Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ Empty Thank you Sergio88!

Message par Blues_Souvenir Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 16:31

sergio88 a écrit:Welcome on board Dede and cheers  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 712423 

Sergio you are very funny! And where would we be if we couldn't laugh at life? I love to laugh... and I've had my fill this morning!! Thanks to you!!  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 355328 (I had to remove your link from my reply because it said new members are not allowed to post external links for 7 days) I look forward to getting to know you all better!  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 882257  Hugs, DeDe
Blues_Souvenir
Blues_Souvenir
At The Crossroad
At The Crossroad

Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ Empty Thank you Jungleland!

Message par Blues_Souvenir Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 16:44

Jungleland a écrit:Hello Dede, welcome here Very Happy 

I love the great feeling of your Dad to transmit his way of living the blues music

Thank you Jungleland...  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 685833 I can remember reading some information regarding my dad on this forum for the first time back in 2011. The great information and supportive and encouraging comments made me immediately want to connect. But hesitated since I did not speak French! Google translate is only fairly helpful! I have talked with Flo during these years and she has always been very kind with much love and respect! So finally I join you all... with much excitement and anticipation! #livingtheblues  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 138529 ♫ my mama told my daddy... just before i was born.. you have a boy child coming... he gonna be a son of a gun!!!
Blues_Souvenir
Blues_Souvenir
At The Crossroad
At The Crossroad

Message par Flovia Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 17:59

Embarassed  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 586745  Embarassed 

Blues_Souvenir a écrit:

Sergio you are very funny! And where would we be if we couldn't laugh at life? I love to laugh... and I've had my fill this morning!! Thanks to you!!  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 355328 (I had to remove your link from my reply because it said new members are not allowed to post external links for 7 days) I look forward to getting to know you all better!  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 882257  Hugs, DeDe

By the way, Dede...Maybe you need some explanations about Sergio's video ?

It's a little bit hard to explain what it really meant, nethertheless I'm gonna try...

In fact, it's a commercial advertising based on homonyms relationship between 'Dédé' ( which is the nickname for  'André' christian name), 'des dés' (= dice - which have the same pronunciation than 'Dédé' in french language), and, of course, with your own sobriquet 'Dede', pronounced with a french accent ( [de de] ).
The advertising is about a scratch game (with which it's possible to earn some money if lucky), itself based on the family board game called 'Le jeu de l'oie' (= 'Snakes and ladders' game), symbolized in France by gooses ( = oies) and which is played with dice (= des dés).

On that advertising, the pig don't understand what the goose is explaining him by telling the game aim is to scratch the dice on the cardboard , because he's mistaking words, or rather mixing up the phonetics of  'Dédé' (= the nickname) and 'des dés' (= dice ) which all sound the same in french.
So, after the goose's long speech, he finally believes he only has to scratch Dédé 's back to earn money, instead of scratching the dice represented on the card. Thus, he quickly leaves gooses and goes away searching for his friend named 'Dédé' .

It's a funny publicity, for these gossip gooses, after taking much time to well explain how the game was working, are deeply misunderstood by the pig. So they consider him as an absolut idiot.

... Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 884446 ...

@ Sergio : La prochaine fois, amigo mio, ne compte plus sur moi pour expliquer ce genre de vidéos humoristiques (particulièrement casse-têtes) à une amie qui ne parle pas couramment le français!  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 371374 Il te faudra dorénavant assumer comme un grand, et jusqu'à leur terme, la portée de tes fameuses boutades.  jocolor

Dernière édition par Flovia le Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 18:53, édité 1 fois
Flovia
Flovia
The voice of Bluesland
The voice of Bluesland

Message par Old_Debris Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 18:41

Haaaa I'm happy to see you  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ Droopy10        
Bienvenue by here Dede.    Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 449707

Dernière édition par Old_Debris le Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 19:12, édité 1 fois
Old_Debris
Old_Debris
Oldies but goodies
Oldies but goodies

http://sentiersdublues.blogspot.fr/

Message par Jipes Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 18:55

Hello DeDe be very welcome among us, we're happy to get you on board, the french have the reputation to be slightly sarcastic but in fact we just love to have fun  Wink 

Your Father's music is greatly appreciate down here  cheers 
Jipes
Jipes
Admin
Admin

https://pesji7.wixsite.com/bluesdogs/news

Message par Flovia Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 18:58

Quel enthousiasme, Odé! Very Happy ... Attention à ton coeur... Les émotions, à ton âge, tu sais, ça ne pardonne pas.... Laughing
Flovia
Flovia
The voice of Bluesland
The voice of Bluesland

Message par Phil cotton color Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 19:38

Flovia a écrit:And let me add that in no time you'll notice 'Phil Cotton color' (for example) has a ready tongue too! Razz  Wink
Heu... not really in english my dear...  Rolling Eyes   Wink 
Phil cotton color
Phil cotton color
Chicago Hero
Chicago Hero

Message par Gut bucket Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 19:57

What a beautiful moment.  cheers  cheers  cheers 
And what a guest of prestige you are.
Flovia is in heaven.
Your father was a huge man.
I look forward to your response on this forum full of humanity.
I confirm that automatic translators make us great service.
Welcome Madame!
Gut bucket
Gut bucket
Chicago Hero
Chicago Hero

Message par Flovia Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 20:30

Gut bucket a écrit:What a beautiful moment.  cheers  cheers  cheers 
And what a guest of prestige you are.
Flovia is in heaven.
Your father was a huge man.
I look forward to your response on this forum full of humanity.
I confirm that automatic translators make us great service.
Welcome Madame!

Oui oui, je suis littéralement aux anges! Very Happy ... (I'm in the seventh heaven!...)
Flovia
Flovia
The voice of Bluesland
The voice of Bluesland

Message par sergio88 Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 22:09

Flovia a écrit:
@ Sergio : La prochaine fois, amigo mio, ne compte plus sur moi pour expliquer ce genre de vidéos humoristiques (particulièrement casse-têtes) à une amie qui ne parle pas couramment le français!  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 371374 Il te faudra dorénavant assumer comme un grand, et jusqu'à leur terme, la portée de tes fameuses boutades.  jocolor

Ah mais tu t'en es très bien sortie Floflo. Merci ma Belle. Smile
sergio88
sergio88
Admin
Admin

Message par Gut bucket Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 22:15

The bluesladie a écrit:
Oui oui, je suis littéralement aux anges! ... (I'm in the seventh heaven!...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPg2M1UYgU
Gut bucket
Gut bucket
Chicago Hero
Chicago Hero

Message par Gut bucket Sam 15 Mar 2014 - 22:42

It is an honor to have you among us.
Your dad is one of the most respected bluesman in this forum.
Gut bucket
Gut bucket
Chicago Hero
Chicago Hero

Message par jb28 Dim 16 Mar 2014 - 0:22

Welcome here, DeDe, nice to read you  Very Happy 

Dernière édition par jb28 le Dim 16 Mar 2014 - 10:26, édité 1 fois
jb28
jb28
Chicago Hero
Chicago Hero

Message par Flovia Dim 16 Mar 2014 - 1:18

Bel accueil de la part de tous! Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 792681 Merciiiiii ! Very Happy
Flovia
Flovia
The voice of Bluesland
The voice of Bluesland

Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ Empty Good Looking Out Flo! :)

Message par Blues_Souvenir Dim 16 Mar 2014 - 22:41

Flovia a écrit:Embarassed  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 586745  Embarassed 

Blues_Souvenir a écrit:

By the way, Dede...Maybe you need some explanations about Sergio's video ?

It's a little bit hard to explain what it really meant, nethertheless I'm gonna try...

In fact, it's a commercial advertising based on homonyms relationship between 'Dédé' ( which is the nickname for  'André' christian name), 'des dés' (= dice - which have the same pronunciation than 'Dédé' in french language), and, of course, with your own sobriquet 'Dede', pronounced with a french accent ( [de de] ).
The advertising is about a scratch game (with which it's possible to earn some money if lucky), itself based on the family board game called 'Le jeu de l'oie' (= 'Snakes and ladders' game), symbolized in France by gooses ( = oies) and which is played with dice (= des dés).

On that advertising, the pig don't understand what the goose is explaining him by telling the game aim is to scratch the dice on the cardboard , because he's mistaking words, or rather mixing up the phonetics of  'Dédé' (= the nickname) and 'des dés' (= dice ) which all sound the same in french.
So, after the goose's long speech, he finally believes he only has to scratch Dédé 's back to earn money, instead of scratching the dice represented on the card. Thus, he quickly leaves gooses and goes away searching for his friend named 'Dédé' .

It's a funny publicity, for these gossip gooses, after taking much time to well explain how the game was working, are deeply misunderstood by the pig. So they consider him as an absolut idiot.

... Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 884446 ...

That was indeed a lot to explain my dear,,, but you broke it down very nicely! Thank you for taking the time to do that and always looking out! Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 927551  I'm glad I am able to use English here and hope that you all understand me clearly, especially if I sometimes use slang.  But if anything is unclear, please don't hesitate to question me about it!   Question I always stay on the upbeat and positive side of things, and do love a good laugh!! Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 957362   Many hugs n lots of love Au Pays du Blues!!  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 541310
Blues_Souvenir
Blues_Souvenir
At The Crossroad
At The Crossroad

Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ Empty Thank you Old Debris!!

Message par Blues_Souvenir Dim 16 Mar 2014 - 22:45

Old_Debris a écrit:Haaaa I'm happy to see you  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ Droopy10        
Bienvenue by here Dede.    Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 449707

Thank you for the kind words and I love the picture!!  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 927551  I look forward to getting to know you!!  Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 66447 Hugs Greetings Blues & Music Lovers ♥ 789738  .......... Always, DeDe
Blues_Souvenir
Blues_Souvenir
At The Crossroad
At The Crossroad

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 1 sur 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant